The New Club
The New Club, Scotland’s oldest club, sits right in the middle of Edinburgh on Princes Street with fantastic view across Princes Street Gardens towards Edinburgh Castle. It was instituted in 1787, moved to its current site in 1837 and was completely re-built in the 1960s. The Club’s current home is a Grade A listed building, both externally and internally, and is one of the finest examples of a ‘Panellist’ building in Scotland. The rebuilding incorporated the old building’s Lorimer oak panelling into the Dining Room.
The Club offers lunch in the Main Dining Room or a buffet on its 3rd Floor overlooking Princes Street, the Castle and Old Town. Dinner is served in the Main Dining Room. There are 22 bedrooms. There are 2 libraries and other rooms that are available for large or small private functions or dinners, or indeed business meetings. A small exercise area and car parking are also available.